Trinity Grace Church is a family of neighborhood churches we call parishes. The motivation for our founding was a longing to see the fame and deeds of God renewed and known in our time (Habakkuk 3:2). Our vision is one of joining God in the renewal of all things. We exist to see New Yorkers transformed into passionately engaged followers of Jesus.
Ephesians 3 says the church is the manifold wisdom of God on display to the principalities and powers. Its people, its life, its culture, its service and its sacrifice are telling a story about the God we serve. Therefore our church doesn't just exist for itself, it exists to declare the glory and heart of God to the world. At our best, each of our neighborhood churches express the following seven cultural values-pursuit, grace, family, empowerment, sacrifice and presence- giving the world a tangible encounter of what it feels like to be loved by Jesus.
Join us in the renewal of all things.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE LEAD PASTOR
This is a full-time role, located in Midtown Manhattan. Trinity Grace Church does not provide relocation assistance. If you feel you are qualified for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The role of the Executive Assistant is to provide support for Jon Tyson in his various roles as well as fulfilling all of the administrative, logistical and communication responsibilities for the Midtown and Upper East Side parishes. The bulk of the work is to maintain weekly tasks to support the Sunday gatherings and parish communication, along with the Lead Pastor’s daily email, calendar monitoring and overall organization.
- Check and monitor email accounts daily (including general info emails for each parish)
- Manage Lead Pastor’s calendar
- Coordinate and organize all Lead Pastor’s travel
- Support Lead Pastor in time management
- Support Lead Pastor in any other administrative tasks as needed
Sundays, Midtown and UES:
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are provided and functioning for Sunday gatherings
- Help with logistics and set up needs for Sunday gatherings, church events and classes
- Prepare weekly bulletins, announcements, and other signage
- Upload current information for Planning Center
- Administrative support for parish staff on special projects (e.g. baptism, special guests, etc.)
Additional Weekly Tasks
- Handle all check requests for weekly reimbursements and payments
- Oversee offering collection process
- Submit Lead Pastor’s and personal expense reports
- Maintain records in Fellowship One, Planning Center and MailChimp for the parishes
- Organize events and meetings
- Send out parish weekly emails
- Upload the weekly podcasts
- Upload social media content
- Administrate all web communication
- Work with the Central Ministries team to coordinate staff schedules for all-staff events, pastors meetings, elders meetings, retreats, citywide gatherings, etc.
- Partner with other administrators to execute all administrative and logistical details for shared events.
- Execute communication, including invitations and inquiries for City Collective events and other needed administrative tasks for City Collective
You’re contributing to the team in the way we expect when…
- You have a servant-like and positive attitude in everything you are asked to do.
- You show initiative and fulfill your responsibilities.
- You continually help us find new and better ways of doing things.
- Things are mentioned once and you ‘get them done’.
- You are professional and represent our church well.
- You model a godly life and pursue the way of Jesus.
- You laugh a lot.
- You honestly think it is an honor to be a part of this.
Trinity Grace Church is committed to providing equal opportunity in all phases of employment and employment-related activities. Equal employment opportunities will be provided to all individuals based on related qualifications and ability to perform the job, without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability or veteran status. This policy applies to all personnel actions relating to employment, including retirement, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and terminations.
Trinity Grace Church relies on the accuracy of information contained in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring and employment process. Any misrepresentations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in Trinity Grace Church’s exclusion of the individual from further consideration for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.