Trinity Grace Church is a family of neighborhood churches we call parishes. The motivation for our founding was a longing to see the fame and deeds of God renewed and known in our time (Habakkuk 3:2). Our vision is one of joining God in the renewal of all things. We exist to see New Yorkers transformed into passionately engaged followers of Jesus.
Ephesians 3 says the church is the manifold wisdom of God on display to the principalities and powers. Its people, its life, its culture, its service and its sacrifice are telling a story about the God we serve. Therefore our church doesn't just exist for itself, it exists to declare the glory and heart of God to the world. At our best, each of our neighborhood churches express the following seven cultural values-pursuit, grace, family, empowerment, sacrifice and presence- giving the world a tangible encounter of what it feels like to be loved by Jesus.
Join us in the renewal of all things.
westside parish administrator
This is a part-time role, working 20 hours a week from the parish office near Lincoln Center and our parish church on the UWS in Manhattan. The ideal candidate is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sunday mornings, and can commit to this role for a minimum of one year. Annual salary is $24,000.
If you feel you are qualified for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Trinity Grace Church does not provide relocation assistance.
The Westside Parish Administrator is responsible for leading the hospitality team, coordinating parish events, and executing all communication for the Westside parish.
- Oversee all communication card follow up and work to ensure the path for integration into the life of the church is clear and accessible to all
- Oversee communication plan and healthy timeline for the parish
- Maintain records in church database for the parish church
- Administrate all web presence for the parish (including social media)
- Write and send out parish monthly newsletter
- Work with the Central Ministries team and parish staff to ensure upcoming events are on the website, in the weekly email, etc.
- Ensure needed information is updated in the bulletin and add spoken announcements to Planning Center
- Ensure that decisions made by the Parish Staff are communicated to all the right people (Trinity Grace staff, lay leaders, congregation, people we rent space from, etc.)
- Oversee hospitality at the weekend worship service including greeting, Connections Table, post-service events, etc.
- Oversee counting of the offering and transport of offering back to office
- Manage all details related to communion, baptisms, baby dedications, ordinations and installation of Elders
- Make an effort to meet new people who you are helping to integrate through communication card follow up
- Fill in any other logistical gaps on Sundays
- Participate in worship service unless other responsibilities do not allow; be known by the congregation
- Oversee Sunday afternoon seasonal events
Other Administrative Support
- Oversee parish leaders, members, and seasonal gatherings (ave. 1 per month)
- Curate thorough notes for weekly staff meetings and all planning meetings
- Present communication plan and execution needs to staff team weekly
- Edit and upload sermon each week
- Submit expenses for Parish Pastor, Parish Worship Director, and administrative costs through Expensify
- Submit check requests from parish gatherings and events
- Onboard and schedule new service team volunteers
- Work with the Central Ministries team to coordinate staff schedules for all-staff events, pastors meetings, elders meetings, retreats, city-wide gatherings, etc.
- Partner with other administrators to execute all administrative and logistical details for annual church wide leadership stay-treat and All- Parish gatherings
- During a slow day with no high priority work, seek out additional work from the Director of Operations
You’re contributing to the team in the way we expect when...
- You serve humbly and graciously, submitting yourself to the your local elders, your Parish Pastor, and in all things to Christ who is the Head of the church.
- You have a servant like and positive attitude in everything you are asked to do.
- You show initiative and fulfill your responsibilities.
- You continually help us find new and better ways of doing things.
- Things are mentioned once and you “get them done.”
- You are professional and represent our church well.
- You model a godly life and pursue the way of Jesus.
- You remember things the rest of the team forgets.
- You demonstrate a genuine desire to do whatever you can to support the Parish Pastor (being proactive in looking for things you can take off the Parish Pastor’s plate, volunteering your support to the rest of the parish team when your workload seems light).
- You laugh a lot.
- You honestly think it is an honor to be a part of this movement.
Trinity Grace Church is committed to providing equal opportunity in all phases of employment and employment-related activities. Equal employment opportunities will be provided to all individuals based on related qualifications and ability to perform the job, without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability or veteran status. This policy applies to all personnel actions relating to employment, including retirement, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and terminations.
Trinity Grace Church relies on the accuracy of information contained in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring and employment process. Any misrepresentations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in Trinity Grace Church’s exclusion of the individual from further consideration for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.