Trinity Grace Church is a family of neighborhood churches we call parishes. The motivation for our founding was a longing to see the fame and deeds of God renewed and known in our time (Habakkuk 3:2). Our vision is one of joining God in the renewal of all things. We exist to see New Yorkers transformed into passionately engaged followers of Jesus.
Ephesians 3 says the church is the manifold wisdom of God on display to the principalities and powers. Its people, its life, its culture, its service and its sacrifice are telling a story about the God we serve. Therefore our church doesn't just exist for itself, it exists to declare the glory and heart of God to the world. At our best, each of our neighborhood churches express the following seven cultural values-pursuit, grace, family, empowerment, sacrifice and presence- giving the world a tangible encounter of what it feels like to be loved by Jesus.
Join us in the renewal of all things.
CROWN HEIGHTS CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
This is a part-time role, working 6-8 hours a week from our Crown Heights parish office and gathering location. If you feel you are qualified for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to Dimetra Barrios, Pastor of Family Ministry.
Trinity Grace Church does not provide relocation assistance.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for assisting family ministries by ensuring smooth communication and effective programing in the children’s ministry. The coordinator will assist in communicating with volunteers on a constant basis, which will aide toward an expression of God’s love and His Word by laying a foundation that will keep parents and children involved in church ministry.
Anticipated Time Commitments
Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 1-3 hours a week preparing curriculum material, meeting and handling preparations, with 4-5 hours a week (8:30 am-1pm) on Sundays during our gathering.
- Meet with the Pastor of Family Ministry once a week (preferably Tuesdays)
- Develop the schedules for volunteers
- Print and email weekly curriculum to all volunteers
- Work with Family Ministries to recruit and support volunteers for Sundays and church wide events (retreats, All-Parish Gathering, etc.)
- Responsible for communicating with volunteers regarding the Children's Ministry (schedules, coverage assistance, reminders, upcoming events, new recruits, etc.)
- Make snack and supply orders as needed
- Keep track of supplies
- Serve at church retreats and All-Parish Gatherings by fulfilling leadership responsibilities and requirements (twice a year)
- Demonstrate the vision for Children’s Ministry and communicate it to parents and children
- Assist in organizing trainings and parent sessions for Children’s volunteers
- Meet with volunteers quarterly for training and support
- Send out Planning Center invites to volunteers
- Implement and demonstrate the values in the children’s ministry covenant
You’re contributing to the team in the way we expect when...
- You serve humbly and graciously, submitting yourself to the your local elders, your Parish Pastor, and in all things to Christ who is the Head of the church.
- You have a servant like and positive attitude in everything you are asked to do.
- You show initiative and fulfill your responsibilities.
- You continually help us find new and better ways of doing things.
- Things are mentioned once and you “get them done.”
- You are professional and represent our church well.
- You model a godly life and pursue the way of Jesus.
- You remember things the rest of the team forgets.
- You demonstrate a genuine desire to do whatever you can to support the Parish Pastor (being proactive in looking for things you can take off the Parish Pastor’s plate, volunteering your support to the rest of the parish team when your workload seems light).
- You laugh a lot.
- You honestly think it is an honor to be a part of this movement.
Trinity Grace Church is committed to providing equal opportunity in all phases of employment and employment-related activities. Equal employment opportunities will be provided to all individuals based on related qualifications and ability to perform the job, without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability or veteran status. This policy applies to all personnel actions relating to employment, including retirement, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and terminations.
Trinity Grace Church relies on the accuracy of information contained in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring and employment process. Any misrepresentations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in Trinity Grace Church’s exclusion of the individual from further consideration for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.